Printer-friendly versionSend by email
Empire State College's Library has excellent resources dealing with plagiarism and academic dishonesty. You can link to:
Strategies for working with students who may have plagiarized or acted dishonestly.
- If there is insufficient (or no) documentation in a paper, ask the student what his/her sources were for the paper.
- If you suspect that the student got excessive help in completing academic work, ask the student to submit his/her notes, or ask for a rough draft of a paper.
- Allow students to revise and resubmit work.
- You can make it a condition of the study to have the student work with the Director of Academic Support in his/her center.
- You can submit the student's paper to sources such as Turnitin.com and can check for plagiarism on the college's Detection Strategies page.