Printer-friendly versionSend by email
CML works to share mentoring, teaching and learning journals across the college that can be helpful to our colleagues.
We encourage you to send to Mentoring.Center@esc.edu any resources that you would like to share.
- EdU/Eduventures Update -- features ideas about higher education based on Eduventures' latest research, data and advising work.
- Faculty Focus -- publishes articles on effective teaching strategies for the college classroom, both face-to-face and online.
- "Our Top 13 Teaching and Learning Articles of 2013," Mary Bart
- "Top 10 Rules for Developing Your First Online Course," John Orlando
- "Four Reasons Going All Digital Can Improve the Quality of Higher Education," Lynda Haas
- "Moving a Face-to-Face Course Online Without Losing Student Engagement," Louise Sharrar and Paula Bigatel
- "Class Discussion: Getting Students to Listen and Respond to Each Other's Comments," Maryellen Weimer
(For those facilitating group studies in person or online.)
- "The Secret of Self-Regulated Learning," Linda B. Nilson
- "Moving from Multitasking to Mindfulness," Kristin L. Roush
- "Strategies for Addressing Student Fear in the Classroom," T. Scott Bledsoe and Janice Baskin
- "Five Steps to Improving Online Group Work Assignments," Gregory Wells
- "What is Teaching without Learning?" Maryellen Weimer
- "Rethinking Direct Instruction in Online Learning," Kristi Bronkey
- Online Classroom -- newsletter for those interesting in the rapidly evolving world of online teaching.
- National Teaching & Learning FORUM -- covers the breadth of college teaching and learning issues.
- Top5OnlineColleges.org: 99 Top Tools for Online Teaching -- contains a blog about the best resources to use for the technology age of teaching.
- MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching (JOLT) -- peer-reviewed, open-access, online publication that aims to promote scholarship in the use of the Internet and Web-based multimedia resources in higher education.
- Journal of Learning for Development (JL4D) -- provides a forum for the publication of research with a focus on innovation in learning, in particular but not exclusively open and distance learning, and its contribution to development.
- Journal on Excellence in College Teaching -- a peer-reviewed journal published to increase student learning through effective teaching, interest in and enthusiasm for the profession of teaching, and communication among faculty about their classroom experiences.
- The Scholarly Teacher -- a blog applying evidence-based strategies to enrich student learning.
- Transformations: The Journal of Inclusive Scholarship and Pedagogy -- a peer-reviewed interdisciplinary forum for pedagogical scholarship exploring intersections of identities, power and social justice.
- Online Learning (OLJ) -- The official journal of the Online Learning Consortium, dedicated to research into quality online education.
More to come!
See also our Mentoring, Teaching & Learning Bibliography