Printer-friendly versionSend by email
We invite faculty to share activities you have found effective in prior learning assessment. Please send to Mentoring.Center@esc.edu.
- "Writing a Prior Learning Assessment Essay," Joyce Howland, Mentor, Genesee Valley Center
- "NFC PLA Workshop Materials (Part I and Part II)," Maggie Schultz, Director of Academic Support and Kameylah Hakim, Assessment Specialist, Niagara Frontier Center
- "PLA Request," Shared by Cathy Leaker, Mentor, Metropolitan Center
- "Writing the Prior Learning Essay," Jeffrey Lambe, Long Island Center
- Sequencing: First go over requirements for degree
- Writing class around PLA essay
- Sharing PLA essays with students
- Mindmapping to identify areas of learning
- Bringing students together
- Colvin, J. & CAEL Staff. (2006). Earn college credit for what you know (4th ed.). Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing Company.
Suggested by Bernard Smith, Director of Academic Review, Center for Distance Learning
- Halden-Brown, S. (2003). Mistakes worth making: How to turn sports errors into athletic excellence. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
Suggested by (info. to come).
- Hoffmann, T. (2006). Defining college-level learning: Prior learning assessment workbook for students. A step-by-step guide for articulating knowledge derived from life experiences. Retrieved from http://www.placonsulting.com/instructionalmaterials/
Suggested by Nan Travers, Director of Collegewide Academic Review, Coordinating Center